1966 Chevy C10
This 1966 Chevy C10 has been tastefully modified to create a reliable and fun cruiser as well as a truck you can actually use.
I bought this truck many year ago with the body in its' current state. I have not done anything to the body at all. The lettering and numbers were added by a previous owner. I made the truck functional and fun to drive. It will cruise easily at 75 miles per hour on the interstate all day long. It has the gas tank relocated to the rear of the truck giving you an extra 6 inches of leg room. The cruise control from the 2004 Silverado electronics works and also has a OBD-ii port on the dash to allow you to the motor and transmission. I torn down the entire motor, cleaned everything and replaced the rings. I installed a competition cams high energy cam. It was the middle of the road cam. It gives the truck a really nice idle and makes good power for a 5.3 liter motor. It's an absolute blast to drive and makes people smile everywhere it goes.
(When I say new... I meant that it was installed new about 6 years ago. I bought the parts labeled as new)
- 1966 Chevy C10
- LQ4 - Ls motor from a 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
- Competition Cams High Energy Cam
- New (~5000 miles on it, but was new from chevy performance) 4L60E automatic transmission
- 3500 Stall convertor
- Built Chevy 12 bolt with 4.11 gears and Eaton Posi
- New rear trailing arms and new disc brakes all the way around
- New Radiator with electric fan
- New fitted bench seat, steering column and wheel
- Many more small items. This truck could use a vintage AC system and you'd be set
This truck can be seen in person by appointment 108 North 9th Street Mount Vernon, IL 62864.
Asking price is $19,000 obo.
Here are some images of the truck:
Here is a video of the truck running.
You can see it runs great!